Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

A Jar full of Gratitude

I have been seeing lots of post on Pinterest and Facbook about writing down all the things you are grateful for during the year and storing them in a jar to read at Thanksgiving.

I personally don't think we should wait till the end of the year to share what we are grateful for, I like to address things as they happen mainly because I have such a shocking short-term memory but also because sometimes it feels along time in between feeling that way.

Some of the things I am grateful for so far this year

- My family because we are still together and happy (most of the time).

- The Boss for sticking up for me even though I finish work soon and it would have been easier to back the staff member he will be working with for a long time.

- The doctor who actually listened instead of making assumptions based on my age/weight and his personal opinion.

- I am alive, generally healthy and able to live a pain free life most days.


Years ago I was unwell but no matter how bad things got there was always some-else who was much worse off. I came across this blog not long after the woman who writes it had something terrible and tragic happen in her life and reading it makes me think really hard about how grateful I am for the life I have and how I want to be the type of person who keeps on going no matter what.


For these two I am most grateful! 






No comments:

Post a Comment