Pages

Thursday 26 December 2013

Whats in the Box?

Well we made it through boxing day without actually Boxing anyone/thing including myself which yes does actually happen on a regular basis. (something for another post perhaps)


As a family who very rarely shops together we thought we would go for a bike (which turned into a drive as it was threatening to rain) and see what all the hoopla was about and in true fashion the local shopping centre did not disappoint!

There were girls wearing shorts the same size as my undies over what looked like some floss and lets not forget the mothers in matching ensembles.The choice of fashion always amuses me. We moved to Palmerston North in the winter and fleece pyjama pants and slippers were general street fashion.

 Whilst I was not overly impressed with the shopping I did manage to buy 3 pairs of Pyjama pants & singlets for $25 Go K-mart and hubby got the giant calendar he had seen weeks ago!

I found myself wondering when did the shopping madness begin as I don't ever remember going shopping on boxing day as a kid and I was quite surprised to learn that whilst it was not a shopping event it was a day for giving gift to workers and servants.

I work in retail but thankfully do not have to work the stat days and I get really cross when I am in a store and hear people being rude to the people serving them.


Take a bit of time to breath while your out and about and remember these people do not have a day to spend shopping for bargains and are probably being paid less for their days work than you will spend on that half price item you have to have in the only colour unavailable.

Dont be like the lady at the supermarket who had a tantrum because the apple pie was 30c more than she thought and argued about it for 10 minutes then asked for cigarettes!

personally I think we should do as the Europeans do!

In many European countries, including notably Germany, Poland, Scandinavia and the Netherlands, 26 December is celebrated as the Second Christmas Day.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day











No comments:

Post a Comment